Dear Brothers and Sisters of First Lutheran Church & School,
The COVID-19 pandemic has certainly presented many challenges for all of us. With the recent Supreme Court decision, we are now faced with another challenge. We can now consider how we re-open what we had closed. In some ways most of us have been anxious to get back to worship but it is most important that we do this carefully and mindful of the remaining uncertainty of moving too quickly when all around us is still an active virus. I believe that although we may be different, in the end we will be better.
To get started your Church Council has decided to begin worship again on May 31.
- As we begin this re-opening process, we will limit our gathering to 25% of our seating capacity, which will be 75 in worship, and we will maintain a resemblance of social distancing. Clearly, we will need more than one service. We will have two services on the 31st. One will be at 8:00 AM and the other at 9:30 AM. We would like to designate the earlier service for our senior members and those members who are considered a higher risk candidate. The later service will be best for our other members and our member families with children.
- We will designate specific pews to be used for the 8:00 AM service and for the 9:30 AM service. This allows no pew to be used more than once during our Sunday services. Please respect the state’s social distancing guidelines as you enter and leave the church and sanctuary.
- We want you to feel comfortable to wear a mask if you choose. We will have a limited supply of masks available in the narthex.
- Hand sanitizer will be available before you enter the sanctuary.
- All hymnals and Bibles will be pulled from the pews. Hymns will be printed in the bulletins and projected on the screens.
- We will place offering plates at the doors for you to return a portion of your weekly blessings.
- We will utilize the chapel and the narthex to accommodate our overflow. Feel free to use the chapel if you feel uncomfortable with the gathering size around you.
- We will record our service and will make them available as we have during this period of absence. These will just be delayed a few days before being available to watch.
These plans will be in effect for an indefinite period but will be monitored weekly and adjusted when we are able.
The Lord of the Church continues to watch over us and has given
us this opportunity to once gather as a family of believers. We look forward to seeing you.
In Christ Alone,
Ron Hacht - Chairman
Pastor Prange - Vacancy Pastor
Frank Lazzaroni - Worship Elder
Steven Davis - Office Administrator